Master's Programme in European Studies, Humanistiska spåret
Do you want to be part of a master’s program that is situated in a vibrant multidisciplinary academic environment and has the following unique qualities?
Exciting and innovative courses that:
- Address a broad range of topics within the field of European studies, including political, historical, ideational, cultural, economic and social aspects of contemporary Europe
- Prepare students for a work-life within public and private organizations, within the cultural sector, as well as for PhD-education. Watch this short YouTube film to learn more about our alumni
- Offer highly developed methods-training and the choice of four different method’s specializations
- Collaborates with renowned international partners such as the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the United States, Fudan University in Shanghai, Charles University in Prague, Sciences Po in Paris, and Konstanz University in Germany
Internship and a relevant working life:
- Paves the way to exciting job opportunities, through internships and collaborations with working life
- Provides direct access to a relevant job-market through our Business Council REGU
- And access to the European expert analysts enrolled in our Executive Master of European Studies
- Add to your studies, socially as well as intellectually, by participating in the exciting extracurricular activities such as within the student-led lunch-lecture organization Brännpunkt Europa
What is special about the Humanities Track in European Studies?
- Aims at providing students with the critical tools and key scientific debates for understanding Europe as an idea, its cultural heritage and organization of power. We scrutinize among other things, nationalism, globalization, international relations, heritage practices and identity politics, from the point of view of European history and thought.
- Develops your skills in critical analysis, textual interpretation, analyzing cultural practices, as well as elaborating your own arguments concerning European politics and culture.
- Students are prepared for a working life within cultural administration, independent cultural organizations, as well as NGO’s and international administration such as the UN and within the EU.
For your application to be considered, you need to meet the formal requirements (see below) as well as submit a CV and a Statement of intent. Please use the Statement of Intent form that you can find at our Entrance Requirements and Selection page.
The Humanities Track consists of the following courses:
Term 1: European Heritage and Identity (10 credits), European Borderlands (10 credits), Political and Public Spheres and Spaces in European History and Culture (10 credits).
Term 2: Elective courses in Sweden or abroad, or an internship (30 credits). We suggest Central- and Eastern Europe: Fully European or the European ‘Other’? (15 credits).
Term 3: Social Europe OR European Environment and Energy OR Europe in the World (15 credits) and Research Methods (your choice of four methods courses, 15 credits).
Term 4: Master’s Thesis (30 credits).
You can apply to all four tracks of our Master’s Programme in European Studies:
- The Social Science Track
- The Humanities Track
- The Double Degree Track with Konstanz University in Germany
- The Double Degree Track with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the United States
Examen & Intyg
Göteborgs universitet möter samhällets utmaningar med mångsidig kunskap. 37 000 studenter och 6 000 medarbetare gör universitetet till en stor och inspirerande arbetsplats, flödande av kunskap och idéer. Öppenheten är ett signum som genomsyrar verksamheten. Universitetet tar plats i debatten...
Det finns inga recensioner för Master's Programme in European Studies, Humanistiska spåret
Var finns framtidens jobb & hur mycket kommer jag att tjäna?
Få koll på vad du kan tjäna efter din utbildning och om den branschen är värd att investera din tid i.
Du kanske också är intresserad av:
Program (avancerad nivå)