Masterprogram i sociologi
http://email@example.comRated the best Masters Programme in Sociology in Sweden in 2012 by the Swedish Higher Education Authority
Sociology is the social scientific discipline which analyses how patterns of everyday life connect up with global social processes in the contemporary era. The richness and diversity of sociological thought serves to engender new forms of critical insight as well as policy relevant perspectives concerning some of todays most challenging problems in fields such as working life, healthcare, gender relations, urban life, migration and adaptation to climate change.
Given the great range and vibrancy of sociological research, the Masters Programme in Sociology can enable you to develop and pursue an exciting variety of career plans. The programme is tailored to those aiming for a professional career within the public and private sectors practicing qualified forms of social analysis. The programme also prepares and equips you for an academic career in sociology and social sciences in Sweden or abroad.
On the Programme you learn to creatively deploy sociological perspectives and methods to describe, interpret and explain contemporary matters of concern reflecting the complex interaction of local and global processes in todays society. You will be able to take advantage of the choice and flexibility the Masters Programme in Sociology offers to focus on cultivating the competences you consider most appropriate to your career plans. In particular, you will have the opportunity to gain the practical and analytical skills required to engage in both academic and more applied and directly policy-relevant research. Key features of the Programme include:
- Close links with current research within the Department of Sociology and Work Science
- Comprehensive courses in both qualitative and quantitative research methods (30 credits in total)
- Possibility to study abroad for one term (30 credits) or take a work placement
- Extensive individual supervision during the completion of a 30 credits Master's Thesis.
The Programme encompasses 5 obligatory courses (in total 90 credits) as well as a number of optional courses ( in total 30 credits). The obligatory courses are:
- Contemporary Sociological Analyses and Horizons, 15 credits
- Social Change, 15 credits
- Applied Qualitative Research Methods, 15 credits
- Applied Statistical Analyses, 15 credits
- Masters Thesis, 30 credits
The Department of Sociology and Work Science offers five optional courses during the second term of the Programme:
- Social Science as Expertise, Social Scientists as Experts, 7.5 credits
- Emotions in Organizations, 7,5 credits
- Work Placement in Public or Applied Sociology, 15 credits
- Human Resource Management in a Societal Perspective, 15 credits
- Strategies for Building Robust Collaboration Cultures, 15 credits
Language of instruction: English
Examen & Intyg
Göteborgs universitet möter samhällets utmaningar med mångsidig kunskap. 37 000 studenter och 6 000 medarbetare gör universitetet till en stor och inspirerande arbetsplats, flödande av kunskap och idéer. Öppenheten är ett signum som genomsyrar verksamheten. Universitetet tar plats i debatten...
Hitta till utbildaren
Det finns inga recensioner för Masterprogram i sociologi
Var finns framtidens jobb & hur mycket kommer jag att tjäna?
Få koll på vad du kan tjäna efter din utbildning och om den branschen är värd att investera din tid i.