AUP University Profile
We are the thinkers, the travelers, the creators, the leaders – the individuals who have chosen to live and learn internationally, finding our placewithin a powerful community that begins in the heart of Paris.
We cultivate critical thinking through a strong academic foundation that finds synergybetween diverse disciplines and evolves to meet the needs of the contemporary job market.
We become translators of culture with the capacity to analyze, adapt, and thrive.
The American University of Paris (AUP) follows an American liberal arts model with over 20 bachelor degree programs and 15 master’s programs across four major divisions: Arts & Sciences; International Business Administration; International Politics, Economics, & Public Policy; and Communications & Film. Accredited by Middle States, AUP is urban, contemporary and multi-cultural. Students of nearly 100 nationalities share small classes with accomplished professors, fully leveraging AUP's location in the center of one of the world’s greatest cities. Merit and need-based scholarships are offered to those who qualify. Students with a minimum average grade of VG (15) on the Swedish Fullständigt Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskolanwill receive 32 advanced credits.
In theclassrooms: Students are encouraged to define and reachindividual academic goals within a deeply interdisciplinary curriculum that is cross-cultural and comparative at its core. In an average class of fifteen, over twelve different nationalities are represented, bringing together the diverse perspectives that create the AUP learning experience. Scholastic practice and industry skills are sharpened through theoretical and experiential learning. Faculty advises students throughout their academic experience in the choice of classes, majors, and self-directed studies.
Student clubs, government, and social responsibility initiatives are a chance to explore, to create, and to lead. Notably, our student media organization produces an industry-standard magazine and news site, supported by renowned international journalists. Sports and AUP discounts at gyms across the city help to justify French pastry consumption.
On Campus:extends from the 7th arrondissement into the city’s bookstores, cafés, libraries, and galleries. Building on everyday immersion in Parisian language and culture, our curriculum challenges students to engage in deeper academic and cultural learning sharpened by discussion, analysis, and research at over 200 institutions across the city, such as: The Louvre, The Sorbonne, UNESCO, InstitutFrançaise de la Mode, Palais de Tokyo, and L’Institut du Monde Arabe.
AUP housing partners organize apartments for incoming undergraduates before arrival. Homestays with Parisian families are also available. To ensure a smooth transition to life in Paris, we assist in the setup of utilities, phones, internet, and banking, as well as optional laundry and cleaning services.
The world as a classroom:Students engage directly with the histories, perspectives, and contemporary realities of cultures around the world on study trips led by faculty experts. Ranging from single-day to month-long expeditions, every program includes learning linked to international discovery – from the study of art history in Rome to fist-hand experience with human rights law in the courts of Sarajevo and Belgrade to immersion in the Moroccan business center of Fez.
To apply:You’ll need to submit the following:
· Online application form
· Personal statements
· Extracurricular activites and work experience
· Two letters of recommendation
· Official transcripts
· English language test scores
1. Just Imagine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFilmmihcc&list=PLE932BCE126EA3C89
2. Campus Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jG5RhSRpLg&list=PLE932BCE126EA3C89
3. Education for One World: AUP's Mission and Vision : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxHPHAl5Z4&list=PLE932BCE126EA3C89
List of BA Majors:
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- European and Mediterranean Cultures
- Film Studies
- Fine Arts
- Gender, Sexuality and Society
- Global Communications
- History, Law, and Society
- International Business Administration
- International and Comparative Politics
- International Economics
- International Finance
- Literary Studies and the Creative Arts
- Management Information Systems
- Middle East Pluralities
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Quantitative Environmental Science
- Self-Designed Major
- Urban Studies
List of MAs:
Coursework Masters (40 credits)
- Master of Arts in International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Cultural Translation
- Master of Arts in Middle-Eastern and Islamic Studies
- Master of Arts in Cross-cultural and Sustainable Business Management
- Master of Arts in Middle East Studies and Language
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies and Language
Coursework and Research Masters (50 credits)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Development Communications track)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Fashion track)
- Master of Arts in Global Communications (Visual and Material Culture track)
- Master of Arts in Public Policy and International Law
Research Masters (64 credits)
- Master of Arts in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, & Civil Society Development
- Master of Arts in Public Policy and International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Middle East and Islamic Studies with Language
- Master of Arts in Middle East and Islamic Studies and International Affairs
Hitta till utbildaren
Var finns framtidens jobb & hur mycket kommer jag att tjäna?
Få koll på vad du kan tjäna efter din utbildning och om den branschen är värd att investera din tid i.